LOSS: Water Mitigation Sherbrooke, Québec
FIRST ONSITE estimated and completed the project within 14 days, underbudget, and saving our client more than $327,000.
A fierce storm brought between 90-100 millimeters of rain in the span of 24 hours, quickly forcing nearby rivers to flood. As a result, nearly all of Bishop’s University, a 550-acre campus located in a suburb of Sherbrooke, was covered in water. Hardest hit, the University’s Centennial Theatre, just three weeks before a significant revenue generating performance.
• Quickly establish a safe, reliable power source
• Remove water quickly to limit further damage and reduce the potential for mold
• Establish a timeline that kept Centennial’s Opening Night production on schedule
• Assemble and dispatch the best-of-the-best team—many local—to power through 24/7
• Desiccant dryers, specialized water remediation and elevator technicians
• Restore the Centennial to ensure a successful curtain call.
FIRST ONSITE restored the Centennial Theatre in a mere 14 days— right on time for the production’s full house opening night
“I was impressed that they brought in as many people as needed to do the job. They hired subcontractors from the area and made arrangements with local suppliers so they could get materials to the site quickly. One of the main transformers was completely flooded and damaged. They were able to find a new one that fit the specs of the building and they even put it on a stand for it wouldn’t get flooded again.”
― Michel Caron, P.Eng, Director of Buildings and Grounds for Bishop’s University